Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Nutritional Therapy Before and After Surgery

Everyone knows that proper nutrition is important. But did you know that nutrition can influence the infection rate? And help healing of open wounds? And make any given patient respond to the stress of surgery better?

I have had many patients who have responded to my nutritional therapy, which I have used to treat complications including large open wounds lasting many months after other physician’s surgical procedures were referred to his clinic. I have cured some of these in just a few weeks using proper nutrition. One of my latest cases involved an infection from a Fresno / Los Angeles area breast augmentation procedure, that was draining - even after the implant was removed - for 8 weeks. I supplied the nutritional therapy described at the above link, and the drainage went away in 3 days and the wound closed soon thereafter.

While proper protein supplementation, vitamin C, Zinc, and other supplements are clearly helpful in some cases of surgical healing, wheat grass pills (usually 5 tablets two times a day, available at wheatgrass.com) may seem like a non-traditional idea. But in my experience they can really help in some cases.

All these therapies must of course be used with good traditional care, such as proper wound care, and possibly antibiotics if infection is demonstrated. If you are not confident that your Los Angeles or Fresno area cosmetic surgeon is offering the quality of nutrition you need, you should contact my Fresno cosmetic surgery area office in Visalia and schedule a meeting to talk with me personally.

For more information on healthy nutrition and post-surgical healing, you can also visit my cosmetic surgeon Los Angeles site,