Monday, May 18, 2009

Fresno, CA Area Chin Liposuction Improves Sleep Apnea

We received a thank you letter from a happy patient, part of which follows. I cut out all the detail about our excellent service and so on, but the interesting thing was that the chin liposuction improved her sleep apnea. I have seen this several times, and it seems to be related to our practice of removing fat under the muscle as well as above the muscle of the under-chin area. Here it is.

"Five years ago, I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. Every night I was required to sleep with a C Pap machine to assist with my snoring and breathing. This was becoming very cumbersome and uncomfortable, not to mention it's a bulky piece of equipment. My job requires that I travel and carrying this machine was beyond an inconvenience, it was a nightmare. Dr.Yoho suggested that I consider having Chin Lipo to help my sleep apnea. I figured that I had nothing to loose and possibly lots to gain by having my chin done. I also decided to have full torso lipo with fat transfer to my buttocks.

On the morning of the surgery, after a few minor preparations, I met with Dr.Yoho who went over what was going to be done. We chatted for a while which made me feel comfortable and relaxed.

Since my surgery, I have not had the need to use my machine. I recently traveled out of the country for the first time after my surgery and am proud to say there was no need to travel with that extra piece of luggage. "


If you have sleep apnea it may be related to buildup of fat under the muscles of your chin. If so, you might be able to resolve this problem through a Los Angeles / Fresno area cosmetic surgery procedure. This is not a guaranteed outcome of every Fresno, CA facial liposuction procedure, but for certain patients is an added medical benefit.