Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Perfection and Cosmetic Surgery




The above photo is of another surgeon's breast implant which was coming out through the incision that it was placed through. This implant had to be removed a week later after watching and waiting for the hole to close by itself. The lady was to wait for 4 months then have the implant replaced when the healing was complete. Many such problems occur in cosmetic surgery, and this is nothing unusual.

Nothing is perfect! Every face and body is different. Every result depends on the preexisting state of the patient’s skin and underlying structures, and their nutrition as well as the skill of the surgeon. We see imperfections and complications all the time. If we were just to operate on people who looked great and were in perfect health, our results would be nearly perfect too. The following is one “Evaluation” from one of our patients at just a week after the liposuction surgery. Everyone isn’t this happy however. Perfection just doesn’t exist in life or cosmetic surgery…

“Dr. Yoho’s staff is wonderful. They were on top of things. I got a call from his staff every day after my surgery to ensure I was doing well. I felt very comfortable and important. Both Dr. Yoho and Jeremy were wonderful as well. They made me feel relaxed and worry free. I already can see results from my surgery and can’t wait till all the healing process is over to see everything. Thanks you Dr. Yoho and staff for making me feel great and helping me bring my sexy back!!!”

Clint Eastwood is said to have stated, “If you want a guarantee, get a toaster.” We always say there are no guarantees. Our reputation is our guarantee. We promise to do our absolute best to give you the nicest cosmetic result in the safest way we can. For a more definitive article about cosmetic surgery expectations and complications see link. There's a photo here of skin death after liposuction.